Ok – with your famous person / character in mind, it’s time to do some research and hunt down some logos.
Please bring the following to class on Wednesday:
• Your completed research on your character – this may be print outs, notes, scans, books, magazines etc – but the more research you can gather, the more knowledge you’ll have and the more creative you’ll be!
• A completed brainstorm summarizing the research of your character
• A completed brainstorm beginning to develop visual ideas for a potential logo for your character – fill an 8.5″ x 11″ page
• 5 examples of good logos, and 5 examples of bad logos. Print these out on 2 sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ paper
• Good places to start looking for good logo examples: Graphic-Exchange.com, LogoDesignLove.com, SmashingMagazine.com and LogoPond.com. You could have a lot of fun looking locally for bad logos…Why do you think these logos are either good or bad? Think about typeface choice, color scheme, and image choices.